Thursday, June 4, 2015

TRENDY DENIM

Denim is a trend that has and will always be around. So when I spotted this denim fabric at Unique, I scooped it up so fast. Denim fabric usually sells for $9.99 or more a yard, but I got about 2 1/2 yards for only $5.99. My first thought was to make denim culottes, but I wanted to make something that I could wear often. I decided to make a coat.



Traced my favorite dress again.


Before cutting, I folded it in half, so both sides are the same.


 Pinned and sewed the seams.


Marked and cut the neckline.


I ended up with two curved lines, which will be lapels,
 then cut down the middle of only one side.



The denim was a little plain, so I turned up the sleeve, ironed and sewed.


Ironed and sewed all the hems.


Used left over fabric and made a belt.


FINISHED PRODUCT.


Coat: Fabric - Unique - $5.99
Shirt:  Faded Glory - $4.94
Jeggings: Walmart (not shown)
Instagram:  @violettog
Brooch: Chanel
Watch: Tory Burch
Bracelet: Vintage

Glasses: Dolce & Gabbana

No comments:

Post a Comment