Monday, May 4, 2015

CABLE KNIT PILLOWS

I know it's Spring, but bare with me. Let your mind wander and walk with me. Weatherman predicts 6 inches of snow. When you wake up and look out your window, it's still snowing and everything is white. No school. No work. House is cozy and warm. Footie pajamas, check; cozy blankie, check; cable knit pillow, check; while watching a "Sex in the City" marathon sipping hot cocoa. Can't get any better, right?


Let's go shopping. Etsy offers these three pillows priced $42 - $79.

Available on Etsy - Artfire $79

Available on Etsy -Adorablewares $42

Available on Etsy - Artfire $59



Did you ever hear the phrase "Shop your Closet"?  I know you have an old favorite sweater that doesn't fit anymore, but you can't bare to get rid of. Well, that's what happened in my case. I got this sweater at the Goodwill in Charlotte, NC, and at the time I was a little smaller and I loved this sweater. With hopes of getting back into it down the drain, I decided to make it into a pillow.
If you don't have any, now is a good time to buy sweaters at thrift shops. They need to make room for Spring/Summer clothes, so sweaters are significantly priced lower.



Very simple. Cut the neck and sleeves off.
 Sew the 3 sides, insert pillow and hand stitch or sew the opening closed.



VOILA!



Handmade - $3.99

I think I'll make a smaller pillow with the sleeves

No comments:

Post a Comment