Tuesday, May 26, 2015

KIMONO BABY

Kimonos are my new "go to" piece. A tank top and jeans are easily taken to the next level. Add a bold statement necklace and you're set. That's exactly what I did with this project.


I picked up this tribal/ethnic print at Unique and wasn't sure what to make.
To be completely honest, this kimono was supposed to be a dress.
I cut it wrong and it was too small. Hey, when life give
you lemons, make lemonade!


I used a wide sleeved dress as my pattern.


Took my yardstick to slant the bottom.



Cut straight down the middle of one side,
Sewed the arms and sides together.


To make a neat hem, I folded the edges twice and used tape instead of pins.
(p.s. it took a while to remove the little pieces of tape)


 Easy Breezy!

Tank: Target
Jeggings:  Walmart
Bracelets/Necklace:  Aliexpress






Instagram: @violettog

No comments:

Post a Comment