Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR..."

How many times have you said that? Well, if you don't have anything to wear, you can always sew something. Yesterday, I said to myself, "I need a blue skirt". So instead of going shopping, I foraged through my fabric bin and proceeded to make the following. Which by the way, took less than 2 hours to make.

I wanted to make a skater skirt with no seam, but when I repeated the skater skirt
 process, and folded it twice, there wasn't enough fabric width wise. So, I only folded 
the  material in half this time. To make the waistline, I measured down 10 1/2 inches
 and then 20 inches from that mark to make the hemline. 


Cut the hem and waistline.


As it turned out, the waistline was too big. Why? Because I forgot 
this fabric had a stretch to it. So, I pinned the two sides together,
 measured about an inch and cut off the excess. Sewed the seams together.


Measured and cut 4 inches for the waistband. 

 Folded in half.
  (Not shown) Attached to skirt.


Shirt: Avenue - Unique $4.99
Skirt: Fabric - Unique $2.49
Shoes: Joan & David - Unique $12.99

Watch: Michael Kors
Bracelets:  Tory Burch
Earrings: Kohls J. Lo
Belt:  H&M




No comments:

Post a Comment