Monday, May 11, 2015

GREEN WITH ENVY

My wardrobe consists of mostly black, white and prints. But with the Spring/Summer season
approaching, I want to add bolder colors. So when I saw this lovely green fabric
 from Unique for $3.99 for 1 yard, I was all over it.


Repeated the skater skirt process. Cut the waistline and hemline.



Cut, folded and ironed 4 inches for the waistband.


After attaching the waistband, I taped and sewed the zipper in the middle of the seam.

 

This zipper is too long, so I sewed/back stitched across where 
I want it to end, and I cut off the bottom of the zipper.


Don't you know after all that work, the waistband was too big.
So what did I do? Cut the zipper out and just sewed the two seams together.
Since, the material has a little stretch, I just wiggled my way into it.




Shirt:  East 5th c/o Unique $4.99
Skirt:  Fabric c/o Unique $3.99
Shoes:  Michael Antonio c/o Unique $3.99
Belt: Unique $2.99


Watch:  Michael Kors
Bracelets:  Tory Burch, Hermes, Cartier






No comments:

Post a Comment